September 24, 2004

post 1/?

A friend just started a blog here and I wanted to reply to his first post so I had to create an account. I did this once before, on LiveJournal.com – it lasted for a couple of days and then the creative spark burned out.

Hopefully Andrew won't feel like I'm copying him – I've been toying with the idea of a new online presence on and off for six months or so. I actually wrote a skeleton for a new web site but didn't do much in the way of content. I haven't written much of anything but email in a long time, and I used to really enjoy writing when I was in school. I have no idea how often I'll write (or if I even will again) but it's nice to have an outlet.

(Note to readers – I'm all about the parenthetical thought. That stuff about my train of thought derailing isn't just an overused play on words. I've been known to resort to nested parentheses in rare cases. :D)

I'm always surprised by the personal stuff that people put in their blogs – WWdN is a good example. At this point, I'm pretty sure there's a line I won't cross, and I'm pretty sure I know where it is, but I can't help but wonder if everyone who blogs starts out feeling the same way.

So let's see where it goes. If you bothered reading this, please leave a comment so I'll feel like there's some point to continuing.

Comments: