March 29, 2005

what is it about 7:19 PM?

It seems I always get the urge to post when I'm still at work at 7:19 PM. When I toyed around with LiveJournal last year, two of my three posts were at 7:19 PM.

What a lame opening. I'm losing my touch. Or I never had it. Whatever...

Incidentally, long weekends with family are not conducive to getting any work done. Fortunately, there isn't much left to do on the project I've been working on the last little while – should be ready to go to production this weekend.

I just felt like mentioning two new things I discovered over the Easter weekend.

1) I read Terry Goodkind's Wizard's First Rule over the weekend. I started it on the bus on Thursday night and I just couldn't put it down. It's the first book in his Sword of Truth series. My father's been reading them and loaned it to me. It's cool and unexpected when your parents' tastes coincide with your own.

2) Remember Fiona Apple? She had a couple of big radio hits (Criminal, Sleep To Dream) back in '96 when she was all of 19 years old. Her last album came out in '99 – it took me a while to get into it but I really like it and I find myself playing it a lot. Anyway, on the weekend I was trolling the web for upcoming new releases from artists I like. I found out that she recorded a new album in 2003 but her label hasn't released it because they don't think it's commercial enough, and some high quality MP3's have recently been leaked. Score! I'm having a similar experience to the last album - it's taking a while to get used to, but I'm speeding up the experience by playing it non-stop. :)

I just know you had to know those things. This will be a good test to see who has my RSS feed in their newsreader... hehe. I'm off to either cook some kickass chili or eat raisin bran and toast. (I also always seem to be thinking about making chili when I post at 7:19 PM. What is going on?)

Adios.

Comments: