September 11, 2005

#4, mark two

fumbling wouldn't boot this morning.

Then it would.

Then it wouldn't.

Then it would. Then it crashed. Then it went back to Future Shop. I cleaned up after myself except for my Passport account, which I couldn't disassociate from the user account before it crashed for the third and final time before Rob picked me up to take it back. (Thanks Rob!)

On what I think is an unrelated note, the guy who sold it to me doesn't work there anymore. Hmm...

I have an identical box sitting here now, working fine for the time being. We'll see what happens when I boot it up first thing tomorrow morning. My monitor has a burnt pixel, but they didn't have a replacement today so I have to go back later in the week. I still have to try out the printer. I'm treating the second box like somebody else's PC for a few days until I'm confident I'm keeping it - I don't want to have to change my Passport password again.

Now Playing: Jimi Hendrix, Live at the Fillmore East
Current Mood: cautiously optimistic

Comments: