December 7, 2005

neglect

Dear Blog,

There's no question I've been neglecting you.

I know it's happened before and I meant it when I said it wouldn't happen again, I really did, but wouldn't you know it.

I almost blogged a couple of weeks ago. I watched an old Jays game on ESPN Classic and I took a bunch of notes for a nostalgic look back at the '92 and '93 World Champions that I was going to call "glory days" – I never got around to writing it and the moment was lost. Isn't that always the way?

The only reason I'm posting at all is to point what few readers I have to Scott Feschuk's Blackberry Blog. Feschuk is Paul Martin's chief speechwriter and he's been writing some very funny stuff online throughout the campaign.

It's not that I don't like you, Blog, you know I do. It's just that I met this girl, and I like her much, much more.

Jeff

Now Playing: Sarah McLachlan, Afterglow Live
Current Mood: vous devenez très somnolent

Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Dear Jeff,

You have indeed been neglecting me. I feel needy and alone. I can’t believe you haven’t treated me with more respect. I have been a good friend to you. I listen to all your stories. I am always there when you need me waiting patiently. I really don’t know what more you want from me. All I ever really wanted from you is your attention. You never ask me how my day was or what is new. I have friends you know. Good blog friends who would be more than happy to meet you but you are never around. I guess I should be happy you have a girl friend....Does she a blog cousin? Ah well... I can’t stay mad at you.

Your friend,
Blog

PS. You should send your friend in Halifax some gummy bears. She is sitting in an airport bored out of her mind. I worry for her.


---------------------------------------------

Cher Jeff,

Vous m'aviez en effet négligé. Je me sens indigent et seulement. Je ne peux pas croire que vous ne m'avez pas traité avec plus de respect. J'ai été un bon ami à vous. J'écoute toutes vos histoires. Je suis toujours là quand vous avez besoin de moi attendant patiemment. Je vraiment ne sais pas ce que plus vous veulent de moi. Tout que j'ai toujours vraiment voulu de vous est votre attention. Vous ne me demandez jamais comment mon jour était ou ce qu'il y a de neuf. J'ai des amis que vous connaissez. Les bons amis de blog qui seraient davantage qu'heureux de rencontrer vous mais vous ne sont jamais autour. Je devine je devrais être heureux que vous ayez amie....Does elle un cousin de blog ? Puits d'ampèreheure... Je ne peux pas rester fou à vous.

Votre ami,
Blog

Picoseconde. Vous devriez envoyer à votre ami à Halifax quelques ours gommeux. Elle s'assied dans un aéroport ennuyeux hors de son esprit. Je m'inquiète pour elle.

7:09 a.m.